| Live tutor led group lessons
1 hour per week (6 in total)
2 – 3 hours per week
| Pass mark
|Start Date: Monday 12th of June 2023
5:30pm to 6:30pm (UK time)
|Pupils will be assigned homework to complete.
|The Concept-Based Learning | Fractions course, helps pupils explore the numbers that exists between numbers. This course will make explicit the idea of one whole in a variety of contexts, building on the concept and pupils’ prior innate knowledge of discreet and continuous measurement. For instance, one whole apple and a basket full of apples both constitute one whole. Also a jug full of apple juice this too is one whole, which leads to yet another concept of measurements.
|This course is ideal for students who want to deepen their understanding of the concept of fractions.
This course is especially suitable for pupils studying towards achieving grades 3, 4 and 5 in Maths GCSE.
What Will You Learn?
- Recognise the use of fractions.
- Recognise fraction as part of the whole.
- Define numerator and denominator.
- Define proper and improper fraction. Giving examples.
- Describe like and unlike fractions using diagrams.
- Convert improper fractions into top heavy fractions.
- Convert proper fractions into mixed numbers.
- Find fraction of a quantity.
- Add fractions with the same denominator.
- Subtract fractions with the same denominator
Week 1. Recognise Fractions as Part of a Whole
Fraction is part of one whole.00:00