Get confident at using fractions in your daily life.
Fractions make sense when you think of what is one whole.
There are five lessons in this course. With one online lesson scheduled every week and follow up independent study time between 2 to 3 hours per week.
Online lessons dates and time
All pupils enrolled on the fractions course will join the teacher in online classes once a week every week on Monday from 2pm to 3pm GMT on the following dates.
- 1st June 2020
- 8th June 2020
- 15th June 2020
- 22nd June 2020
- 29th June 2020
The course learning objectives are:
- Recognise the use of fractions.
- Define numerator and denominator.
- Define proper and improper fraction. Giving examples.
- Define like and unlike fractions. Giving examples.
- Define mixed numbers. Giving examples.
At the end of this course the pupil should be able to:
- Recognise how fractions are used in our daily life.
- Explain what is a numerator and denominator.
- Describe proper and improper fraction. Giving examples.
- Describe like and unlike fractions. Giving examples.
- Describe mixed numbers. Giving examples.
To enrol on this course you must the pupils must know these topics...
- add and subtract two and three digit numbers
- multiply and divide numbers
- times tables and corresponding division up to 12
- understand place value up to 100000.
This course is...
- suitable for pupils from any country.
- designed to consolidate key skills.
- ideal for pupils requiring direct instructions.
All instructions are in English.