Get confident at using percentages in your daily life.
Percentages make sense when you can imagine yourself using them.
There are five lessons in this course. With one online lesson scheduled every week and follow up independent study time of between 2 to 3 hours per week.
Online lessons dates and time
All pupils enrolled on the percentages course will join the teacher in online classes once a week from 2pm to 3pm GMT on the following dates.
- 27th May 2020
- 3rd June 2020
- 10th June 2020
- 17th June 2020
- 24th June 2020
The course learning objectives are:
- Recognise the use of percentages in the real world.
- Change percentages to fractions and fractions to percentages.
- Change percentages to decimals and decimals to percentages.
- Mentally calculate percentage of an amount.
- Review of the course. End of course quiz.
At the end of this course the pupil should be able to:
- Describe how percentage are used in the real world.
- Convert percentages to fractions and fractions to percentages.
- Convert percentages to decimals and decimals to percentages.
- Calculate percentage of an amount without using a calculator.
- Complete end of course quiz.
To enrol on this course the pupils must know these topics:
- add and subtract two and three digit numbers
- multiply and divide numbers
- times tables and corresponding division up to 12
- understand place value up to 100000.
- good understanding of fractions and decimals.
Week 4 pupils are taught how to Mentally calculate percentage of an amount.
This course is...
- suitable for pupils from any country.
- designed to consolidate key skills.
- ideal for pupils requiring direct instructions.
All instructions are in English.