Opportunity to be a tutor with Alphareach.
Alphareach Learning is pleased to offer opportunities to graduates and diploma holders to tutor children from primary years up to A'level in small groups on a part-time basis. We are currently based in Dewsbury, covering Batley, Mirfield, Heckmondwike, Cleckheaton and Ossett area.
Tutors should have a teaching qualification, degree or a diploma in the subject they wish to teach. However we may consider talented applicants with other qualifications. CRB checks are mandatory.
To become a tutor with Alphareach you need to be:
- Qualified in the field you want to tutor.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about your subject.
- Friendly, patient and have excellent communication skills.
- Dedicated and are able to make a long term commitment.
- Able to work independently using your own initiative and manage your time efficiently.
As a tutor with Alphareach, you can expect:
- A comfortable and accessible premises.
- Flexibility in teaching at a time that is convenient for both you and the student.
- Organisation of classes and appointments booked for tutoring.
- Opportunity to network with other tutors in both your own field and other subjects, share ideas and resources that will improve your teaching skills.
- Opportunity to participate in developing educationally related products.
Conditions of teaching
Tutoring work will be from our learning centre. You are expected to tutor in small groups between four to six pupils who will be approximately at similar level of study in any particular subject. Occasionally parents request one to one tuition for their child. Minimum number of hours you are expected to commit per week is one hour and can increase up to at least six in a day depending on demand. You are free to choose the level and subject you wish teach. Once you are assigned a group of student for a term you have to assume full responsibility for them. Majority of the students wishing to study are on a long term basis hence we require our tutors to be dedicated and committed on a long term basis.
Your work with Alphareach is as an agent. You are expected to invoice Alphareach Learning Ltd at the end of the each calendar month for an agreed fixed amount per hour you tutor. Currently our rates are between £8.00 per hour to £18.00 p/hr. Your pay is negotiated based on your experience and qualification.
Our accomplishment over many years in the tutoring business is our student loyalty. Many of our students are with us from primary school right through to their GCSEs or A level’s. Since the students have been with us over a longer period they have achieved a more sound and thorough understanding of the subject. As a result of long term commitment from students and their parents the tutors have the satisfaction and pleasure of helping students fulfill their potential.
Retired tutors and post graduates with an interest in teaching are especially welcome.
You can fill out the form or just email us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include in your CV the names, address, email, telephone number and position of two referees.