- Explore round shapes.
- Explore triangles.
- Explore quadrilaterals.
- Explore polygons.
- identify and draw common 2D shapes.
- explore properties of triangles.
- explore properties of quadrilaterals.
- explore properties of pentagons, hexagon, heptagon, octagon, nonagon and decagon both as a regular and irregular shapes.
- draw lines of symmetry.
- locate shapes in coordinate space.
- find the perimeter of the triangles and quadrilaterals.
This workbook will help pupil to build the knowledge and skills expected to match the new National Curriculum for years 5 and 6. Although in reality many pupils in years 7, 8 and 9 will benefit from working through this workbook as a refresher.
The mathematical tasks in these series of workbooks are based on the variation theory. The tasks are set in a variety of contexts, with multiple representations to familiarise the pupils identify different types of 2D Shapes. The pupils begin to explore properties, relationships and symmetries of all the 2D shapes they are expected to encounter in years 5 and 6. This approach allows pupil to engage in creative activity, giving them the opportunity to see and test the properties and relationships and properties of and between various 2d shapes.
To maximise the benefit for the learners, it is recommended that these workbooks should be used from beginning to end.