Add and Subtract Fractions Book 3
A fraction is a number that is used to represent a whole number that has been divided into equal parts.
- To define the key words associated with fractions.
- To recall the multiples and the factors.
- Explore adding and subtracting fraction with the different denominators.
- Add and subtract fractions with different denominators.
- Solve multi-step problems.
The pupil completing this workbook will be able to:
- Recall multiples and factors.
- Add and subtract proper fractions with different denominators.
- Solve multi-step problems involving fractions with different denominators.
- Add and subtract fractions totalling one.
This workbook help pupils to build the knowledge and skills expected to match the National Curriculum for year 4, 5 and 6. Although, pupils in years 8 and 9 can also benefit from this workbook using it as a refresher.
The mathematical tasks in Add and Subtract Fractions Workbooks 1, 2 and 3 employ variation theory. The examples are set in various contexts, with multiple representations enabling the pupils to deepen their understanding of the fundamental concepts of adding and subtracting fractions. It empowers them to develop techniques to solve problems and reason mathematically.
It is best to use these workbooks from beginning to end.