- Review Keywords and Algebraic Conventions
- Explore Expressions
- Collect the Like Terms
- Substitute Numbers and Simplify Expressions
- Practise to Build Confidence in Algebra
Students completing this workbook will be able to:
- Test the rules of the expressions.
- Simplify expressions.
- Use key words in the context of algebra.
- Collect like terms.
- Write expressions for the perimeter of 2D shapes.
This workbook will help pupil to build the knowledge and skills expected to match the new National Curriculum for years 7. Although in reality many pupils in years 8 and 9 will benefit from working through this workbook as a refresher.
The mathematical tasks in these workbooks are based on the variation theory. The tasks are set in a variety of contexts, with multiple representations that enable the pupils to deepen their understanding of algebraic concepts and develop techniques to solve algebraic problems.
The activities aim to empower pupils to use their natural powers of imagination, engage them to reason mathematically and allow them to make sense of their experiences.
To maximise the benefit for the learners, it is recommended that these workbooks should be used from beginning to end.