- Identify fractions.
- Use fraction to split a shape.
- Use fraction to share from a given amount.
- Use fraction to calculate money.
- Use fraction to calculate time.
- Use fraction to find other quantities.
The pupil will be able to:
- Calculate fractions of quantities using diagrams.
- Calculate fractions of quantities using division and multiplication.
- Calculate fractions of measurements such as lengths, weights and capacity.
- Calculate fractions of money, time and other quantities.
This workbook will help pupil to build the knowledge and skills expected to match the new National Curriculum for years 4 and 5. Although in reality many pupils in years 6 and 7 will benefit from working through this workbook as a refresher.
The mathematical tasks in these workbooks are based on the variation theory. The tasks are set in a variety of contexts, with multiple representations that enable the pupils to deepen their understanding of the fundamental concepts in fractions and develop techniques to solving problems related to fractions.
The activities aim to empower pupils to use their natural powers of imagination, engage them to reason mathematically and allow them to make sense of their experiences.
To maximise the benefit for the learners, it is recommended that these workbooks should be used from beginning to end.