BIDMAS Book 2
- Discuss and follow the steps in using the BIDMAS rule.
- Calculate with two operators.
- Work out calculations with two operators and indices.
- Calculate with three operators brackets and indices.
- Calculate with four operators.
Students completing this workbook will be able to:
- Use the order of operations including brackets.
- Utilize the BIDMAS rule to evaluate a string of numbers with different operators in the same sum.
This workbook will help pupil to build the knowledge and skills expected to match the new National Curriculum for years 7. Although, pupils in years 8 and 9 can benefit from this workbook because they will be able to use this as a refresher.
The advantage of using the Alphareach BIDMAS workbooks
The Alphareach BIDMAS workbooks makes explicit the meaning of the BIDMAS rule and emphasise the importance of it with examples. The workbooks give pupils model examples and further supports them by giving step by step guided instructions in how to calculate using the BIDMAS rule. This makes it easy for parent or teacher/tutor to support the learner.
There are plenty of practice examples for pupils to learn the concept and apply them using graded examples in order of difficulty.
The mathematical tasks in BIDMAS book 2 are based on the variation theory. Moreover, tasks are set in a variety of contexts, with multiple representations. As a result, pupils deepen their understanding of the concept of the BIBMAS rule. By using plenty of follow up sums to develop their skill and improve confidence.
To conclude, to maximise the benefit for the learners, it is recommended that these workbooks should be used from beginning to end.