Equivalent Fractions Book 1
Equivalent fractions have different numerators and denominators but represent the same value.
- Review times tables and common multiples.
- Calculate equal fractions by multiplying.
- Review division facts and common factors.
- Simplify fractions
The pupil completing this workbook will be able to:
- Recognise equivalent fractions by seeing similarities in the diagrams.
- Identify equivalent fractions using fraction wall.
- Detect relationships between times tables, division facts and equivalent fractions.
- Express a smaller number as a fraction of a larger one.
This workbook will help to build the knowledge and skills expected to match the new National Curriculum for years 5 and 6. Although, pupils in years 7, 8 and 9 can also benefit from this workbook using it as a refresher.
The mathematical tasks in the equivalent of the fractions workbook enable the pupils to:
- deepen their understanding of the concepts of equivalent fractions,
- develop techniques to solve problems related to equivalent fractions,
- review and revise common factors,
- review and revise common multiples,
It is best to use these workbooks from beginning to end.