Perimeter and Area Book 2
- Count squares to find the perimeter and the area.
- Calculate the perimeter and the area of rectangles.
- Explore the perimeter and the area.
- Investigate the perimeter and the area of L shapes.
- Explore the perimeter and the area of squares.
By completing this workbook the learners will be able to:
- Work out the area and the perimeter by counting squares in various shapes.
- Measure and calculate the area and the perimeter of rectangles.
- Explore relationships between length, area and perimeter.
This workbook will help pupils build the knowledge and skills expected to match the new National Curriculum for years 5 and 6. Although, years 7, 8 and 9 can use this workbook a refresher
The mathematical tasks in perimeter and area book 2 are based on the variation theory. Tasks are set in a variety of contexts, with multiple representations that familiarise the pupils with the concept of perimeter and area. In addition, tasks allow pupils freedom to construct rectangles and other 2D shapes within a specified constraints. As a result, this approach allows pupil to engage in creative activity. Also, giving them the opportunity to see and test the relationships between the area and perimeter of rectangles, squares and other 2D shapes.
To conclude, it is beneficial these workbooks are used from beginning to end.