Telling the Time Book 1
- Recognise and use the analogue clock face.
- Tell the time to the hour and half past the hour.
- Be able to the time to quarter past and quarter to the hour.
- Tell the time one hour later and earlier.
- Write poem and Roman numbers on the clock face.
The pupil will be able to tell the time, write and draw clock hands to:
- the hour.
- half past the hour.
- quarter past and quarter to the hour.
- one hour before and after the given time.
- use Roman numerals on the clock face.
This workbook will help pupil to build the knowledge and skills expected to match the new National Curriculum for years 2 and 3. Although in reality some pupils in years 4 and 5 will benefit from working through this workbook as a refresher.
The mathematical tasks in Telling the Time Book 1 are based on the variation theory, using conceptual and procedural variation. It enables the pupils to deepen their understanding of the concept of time. The workbook engages pupils to explore the analogue clock face, write the time showing in words and digits. The pupils gradually become aware of time as they begin to practically identify in keeping up with their routine.
To maximise the benefit for the learners, it is recommended that these workbooks should be used from beginning to end.