Agents/pathogens that cause disease.
Pathogens can be broadly grouped based on their key features which finally impact their treatment.
This will be the second of three part lesson and will start on every second Saturday of the month.
The course start date and time TBC.
Reserve your seat now to avoid disappointment.
The course learning objectives are:
- Identify different types of pathogen
- Describe the common transmission mechanisms for infectious diseases.
- Describe types of prevention and treatment methods for infectious diseases.
At the end of this course the pupil should be able to:
- Explain what pathogens are and the different types of pathogens.
- Explain how the diseases is transmitted with examples.
- Explain how transmission of infectious diseases can be prevented.
This course is designed for pupils ages 12 and above, who would like to get an in depth understanding of infectious diseases and how it is transmitted.
There are no prerequisite
The infectious diseases course is in three parts.
Part 1 scheduled for every first Saturday of the month.
Part 2 scheduled for every second Saturday of the month.
Part 3 scheduled for every third Saturday of the month.
This course is...
- suitable for pupils from any country.
- designed to consolidate key skills.
- ideal for pupils requiring direct instructions.
All instructions are in English.